Incentive Without Walls IWW
Available to designated Kansas Main Street downtown areas. Funds are available in two competitive rounds each year. Funding maximum is $15,000 per community per round. Funds may be used for a variety of downtown business needs. Contact the Belleville Main Street Office for more information.
IWW Program Intent
To create or stimulate private investment in designated Kansas Main Street downtown area. The expected outcome of the program is create employment opportunities; save existing jobs, provide services and products; develop or strengthen new or existing businesses; acquire, rehabilitate, or preserve properties; and create a stronger tax base.
BELLEVILLE MAIN STREET PROGRAM
BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT INCENTIVE GUIDELINES
- Maximum grant match will be $1000 per building per program year (July 1 thru June 30) (requires a dollar for dollar match up to a $2000 project; labor can be included as part of the match). Priority will be given to buildings that have not previously received grant funds.
- Improvements are to be visible to the customers of the business.
- Main Street Design Guidelines will be considered prior to approval of application.
- Application must be completed and approved by Belleville Main Street Board of Directors before work is started.
- Before payment is made, receipts must be provided to Belleville Main Street Executive Director after the work is completed.
- Purchases of materials should, whenever possible, be made in the community.
- Businesses must be in the Belleville Main Street Program area.
- Work must be completed within 90 days of Board of Directors approval.
- Non-profit groups in the program area are also eligible to apply.
- Must be a current member of the Main Street Program and pledge to be a member at least four more years. Membership must be at least Level III ($100 per year).